About BLDG Memphis
BLDG Memphis (Build. Live. Develop. Grow.) is a coalition of organizations and individuals who support the development and redevelopment of healthy, vibrant, attractive, and economically sustainable neighborhoods throughout the Memphis region. We accomplish this through policy and advocacy; community engagement and civic engagement; and capacity building programs for community development organizations.
BLDG Memphis is the new organizational identity of Community Development Council of Greater Memphis, including the Livable Memphis program. Under this new banner, BLDG Memphis unifies and promotes the same priorities, including strengthening the community development industry in Memphis and focusing on growth and development issues – including land use and transportation – and on increasing public participation in planning and development decisions.
BLDG Memphis supports the revitalization of Memphis neighborhoods through public policy development and advocacy, organizational capacity building, and community education. We accomplish this through:
- Promoting comprehensive plan-based neighborhood revitalization, especially in the areas of physical, economic, and human capital development;
- Empowering neighborhood-based organizations through a network of support and assistance;
- Representing and advocating for the interests of its members and the neighborhoods they represent;
- Securing resources and building partnerships, to support the work of community development; and
- Promoting public policies that will reduce the barriers to neighborhood revitalization and improve the quality of life for residents.